The oldest kenesa in Lithuania is located in Trakai, 30 Karaimų st. The first kenesa is believed to have been built in the same place at the end of XIV century – the beginning of XV century. It was destroyed by fire and rebuilt several times. By the efforts of the senior priest Feliks Malecki (1854-1928) and with the funds he had collected, major repairs of the kenesa were performed and a turret was constructed on the roof in 1894. In 1903 – 1904, the building was repaired according to the design of Vilnius architect Mikhail Prozorov (1860 – 1914). During the interwar period, Trakai Kenesa was repainted several times, however its shape was preserved and it is still in line with the architectural reconstruction design drafted by Mikhail Prozorov. Although in the Soviet period the Karaim Kenesa of Trakai was the only officially working Karaim temple in Europe, religious service was no longer held there since 1960s. The last couple got married in the kenesa in 1956. In preparation for the 600th anniversary of Tatar and Karaims’ settlement in Lithuania, which was celebrated in 1997, for the first time after World War II major restoration of the kenesa was performed. It was renewed again in 2017 – 2018.